On your way to Machu Picchu? Once at the entrance of the “World’s wonder” is important to check out first to following tips for a successful visit:
- Before visiting the site you will need to remember that your ticket is valid for 1 time (it used to be 3 visits within a day, each time you got in your ticket was given a mark, not anymore) Be wise before you get in, check if you need to go to the toiles, for example, (bathrooms are outside the archaeological site’s entrance) or buying something to eat (you can eat at the archaeological site).
- There are 2 admission times per day to the archaeological site of Machu Picchu, morning: from 6 am to 12pm – afternoon: from 12pm to 5:30pm, your ticket is only valid for the chosen schedule.
- If you come on your own a tour guide is compulsory for visiting MP, you can hire one at the entrance for a private tour or join a group, guides are located at the entrance of the site and they have no problem with the English language.
- You are not allowed to get inside Machupicchu with big backpacks, there is an storage near the toilets, and for a low cost (4 soles = 1.30 dollars per piece) you can get rid of this little inconvenience during all your visit.
- Hungry? There is 1 restaurant at the entrance of the archaeological site and it belongs to the hotel Sanctuary Lodge (the only one located at the entrance of archaeological site with a view to Machu Picchu) prices are higher than average, but worth it, everything tastes good and basically is the only option. You can get there sandwiches, pastries, and refreshments.
- Toilets are outside, the cost is 1 sol = 0.30 cents of a dollar per person, they are beneath the restaurant.
- No jumping, whistling or screaming at the site, no selfie sticks or umbrellas, nothing that can disturb other visitors at the site.
- Do you want to take a unique souvenir to remember this visit forever? no worries, this one is for free… you can stamp your passport with the image of Machu Picchu at the exit gate (near the toilets) P.S.: they are given after 9 am and sometimes the line of big, but it moves fast.
Learn more about our tours in Lima and Peru starting by clicking below
Send us a private message for questions or suggestions for our next post here: