If you are visiting with your better half to the “city of kings” (old name of Lima) and you want to give to your special-one a romantic surprise on an important occasion but you have no idea where to go NO WORRIES!, here I give you 5 ideal places to include on your itinerary in the city:
Pictures of the sunset from love park and Restaurant La Rosa Nautica.
- Love Park: top site in our list, the view of the Pacific is simply spectacular as long are you are not in winter time (June, July, August) come to see the sunset at about 6 pm.
- Barranco’s bridge of sights: actually any part of the old Barranco is romantic, with a very bohemian air, art galleries and its boho-chic restaurants are perfect for a special occasion. There is NO way you don’t nail it with this one.
- Lunch at La Rosa Nautica with a good wine of pisco sour…how can this not work? Order a ceviche and enjoy the view. Come by sunset…she will say yes!
- The magic water circuit // a.k.a. magic fountains: one of the night attractions of Lima, its colors and the view is fantastic and a good end for any tour in this city.
- the olives groove and a relaxing walk: located in San Isidro district have some of the most extravagant and luxurious houses of Lima. Is a great way of spending time with the one you love making some pictures, then you can walk to a local restaurant or bar located at the Conquistadores avenue, try with this one: Astrid & Gaston (reservation is requested with anticipation) or another less expensive is Tanta.
One of my latest discoveries is the travel items that you can purchase through the internet, this site is fantastic: Travelexp, check them out clicking Here and use the code: adventuroustravel and get a 10% discount! Enjoy the shopping.
Bonus: Find your way to the restaurant “El Salto del Fraile” located on Herradura beach – Chorrillos district, is named after a love story that ends in tragedy. the restaurant’s name means The Jump of the Frair, the local tradition says that a monk in jumped to his death here after saying bye to his love that was on board a ship in the direction to Spain… she joined him right after, a Romeo and Juliette story… Every day an actor performs the jump for visitors in exchange for a tip.
Enjoy your romantic occasion in Lima.
Learn more about our tours in Lima and Peru starting by clicking below
Send us a private message for questions or suggestions for our next post here: