If you are going to visit Peru and are planning to stay in the beautiful Lima with your better half, give him/her a romantic surprise and celebrate a special occasion, or simply share an unforgettable memory together in one of the most romantic destinations of The city.
Have no idea where to go and what to do?…NO WORRIES!, here I give you 5 ideas of places you can include in your itinerary.
My top 5 most romantic places in Lima:
- Love Park: It definitely deserves to be on top of our list. The view of the Pacific ocean from here is simply spectacular from October to May (avoid coming during the winter months June, July, and August because it is too cloudy). The park is colorful and its central statue is so suggestive that invites you to imitate that passioned kiss. Guide’s tip: the best time to come in is at 6 pm to see the sunset.
- Barranco’s bridge of Sights: Actually one of the most famous night-time destinations in the whole city. To be very honest any part of the historic district of Barranco is romantic with a very bohemian air, amazing murals, art galleries here and there, its boho-chic restaurants specialized in Creole food “Comida Criolla”, it is the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion. There is NO way you won’t nail it with this destination.
- Lunch at La Rosa Nautica: imagine having our traditional Peruvian Ceviche or Lomo Saltado, with a glass of a matching wine or a pisco sour, with the best ocean view of Lima… this restaurant, built-in 1983, is one of the most famous of Lima, it is located on a pier, so it is the only one in Lima right on the ocean. Guide’s tip: book a table in advance. and plan to be here at 6 pm to see the sunset…she/he will love it!
- The Magic Water Circuit // a.k.a. Magic Water Show: One of the best night attractions of Lima, its colors and the circuit are a fantastic opening or ending for any trip in Peru, being the best place of Lima for night-time picture. Guide’s tip: if you want a super romantic picture don’t forget to stop at the heart shape arches located near the rainbow fountain.
- The Olives Groove of San Isidro, and a relaxing walk along the park: Located in the San Isidro district, this park has some of the most extravagant and luxurious houses in Lima. Is a great way to spend time with the one you love taking some pictures of you both here, laying on the grass below an olive and then walking to a local restaurant or bar located at Conquistadores avenue, Guide’s tip: want to have an unforgettable culinary experience together? try with these restaurants: Astrid & Gaston (reservation is requested with anticipation) or for a less expensive option Tanta.
Bonus: Get a taxi to the restaurant “El Salto del Fraile” located on Herradura beach – Chorrillos district, named after a famous and tragic love story. The restaurant’s name means The Jump of the Friar, the local tradition says that a monk suicided jumping to his death after he was separated from the love is his life, a rich young woman whose family was intolerant toward the differences of their classes and ethnicities… she joined him in eternity jumping from the ship after him, it is our Romeo and Juliette story… Guide’s tip: Every day an actor (a local fisherman) plays the friar and performs hus jump for visitors, if you see him try to support him with a tip.
I hope my tips help you to have the most romantic experience in my beloved city. Enjoy
Visit Peru without coming to Peru check, out our Virtual Cultural Calendar
Learn more about us on our social media, we are on Facebook, Instagram and Youtube, find us on @adventuroustravelguide
Send us a private message for questions or suggestions for our next posts here: