On your way to Machu Picchu? Once at the entrance of the world wonder you will need this 5 travel tips:
- Before visiting the site you will need to remember that your ticket is valid for 3 visits within a day, each time you will be given a stamp… save this chances to go to the bathrooms (they are outside the archaeological site) or buying something to eat. *latest updates from the archaeological site have informed that after the 1st of July this situation may change reducing the chances to use the ticket to just 1.
- You are not allowed to get inside Machupicchu with big backpacks, there is a storage near the toilets, and for a low cost (4 soles = 1.30 dollars) you can get rid of the problem during all your visit.
- Hungry? There is 1 restaurant at the entrance of the archaeological site and it belongs to the hotel Sanctuary Lodge (the only one this close to the archaeological site) prices are higher than average but taste good. You can get mainly sandwiches, pastries and refreshments.
- Toilets are outside, the cost is 1 sol = 0.30 cents of dollar (located under the restaurant)
- Do you want to take a unique souvenir to remind you this visit forever? A stamp is a memorable way… At the exit (near the toilets) you can stamp your passport for free. P.S.: they are given after 9 am
Photo credits and text: Vanessa Vasquez
Make sure of checking out our other posts clicking Here and join our community around the world submitting your email account the get our weekly newsletter. Have a great day!